Monday, March 10, 2014

Shades and Severed Limbs

My life revolves around these sunglasses, which are an awesome antique find from GasLamp Too in Nashville. It's tough finding vintage frames that don't have wacky prescription lenses, so I shed a lone tear (okay, maybe more than one) when I discovered that these babies are prescription-free. I feel like I am emitting a beam of Mink Stole vibes whenever I put them on. 





My goal with this outfit was to look as much like a mysterious neighbor as possible. Y'know, the one who used to bake you cookies and had an unsettling collection of nutcrackers in her living room. I wanted this to be reminiscent of all the mysterious neighbors dotting the subdivisions of the United States.





These severed limb shoes from Iron Fist are a new addition to my closet. 

Hat from Urban Outfitters, sunglasses from an antique store in Nashville, dress from Local Honey (vintage),
shoes from Iron Fist.


    








1 comment: